Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Waiting for my 2nd Replacement Torch 9800

I got my new Torch back in December of last year, and was so happy with it, up until about May, when it decided to shut off by itself, for no reason, with no warning, during calls, or whenever it felt it was appropriate to do so.  I used the auto shut off feature, the phone would turn on at 7, and all of my previous night emails would come in when it turned on, there were times where it was taking close to an hour and a half for my messages to start cycling through.  I contacted Rogers, and they sent the phone out for service.  I got it back, and it worked for a couple of DAYS. and then started to do the same thing again.  When I complained, Rogers sent me a 'new to me' refurbished unit at a cost of $30 plus tax.  That was July 5th.

The phone was working fine, and I was relieved because I truly love my Torch, even though the messages receiving when the phone turned on was still a problem from the start, I figured it was related to Rogers' service rather than a BlackBerry Issue.  Which brings us to about 3 weeks ago, where it started doing the same 'let's shut off for no reason' routine.  I figured, you know what, it's a glitch, it's something I have to live with, probably a hardware thing.  I have 2 more years of this, and then we'll see about another phone.  

Well, last Friday, I was not only dealing with a phone which shut off whenever it wanted to, it was now also not allowing me to scroll, touch the screen, turn on or shut off, or do any of the other simple things like make a phone call.  The phone seemed to be mocking me with incoming calls which I couldn't answer, and message notifications which I couldn't do anything about.

I called Rogers. who were so nice to offer me another 'refurbished' phone at the cost of $30 plus tax.  That was last Friday, and I get an email today telling me that the Torch is on backorder, but that I need not worry since they'll still deliver it within the 10 business days.  Now, I also know that they're sending me another 'new to me' meaning refurbished phone.

How can I be guaranteed that this Torch won't also **bleep** out in 6 weeks?What is my recourse to you, RIM, if this does happen again?  I am not happy.My first Blackberry was the 6200 - my kids actually pretend play with it.but that thing NEVER gave me a problem.

I don't expect anything, I just wanted to tell you that I am not happy that the Torch is not the quality of product I hoped it would be. 

My Device: 0

Re: Waiting for my 2nd Replacement Torch 9800

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require Help beyond what we are able provide. I can however direct you to the support forum by Clicking Here

Chronos                                                                                                      New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
New Contributor

I tried that.... I don't need a forum, I need to talk to someone in Customer Service at RIM. 

Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: mtc

yeah, as if that is going to happen! 

New Contributor

You're right... however, Rogers came through... *gasp* and actually sent me the new 9810... and so far it's awesome... seems a lot easier to use... some of those little glitches are fixed.... screen is clearer.... now we just cross our fingers, and hope it is everything the 9800 wasn't.....