Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Virgin

Want some help here...

Just got myself a Blackberry Torch 9810. But, as I believe is the norm, I'm not able to entirely access it. Presumably because, for whatever reason the is inconceivable to me, the Blackberry Data Plan and BlackBerry Internet Service things are completely left out. I, on the payment plan I'm on with Virgin, should be able to access all of the features that come with the phone, namely Facebook (just trying to copy an image I like to use as a background for everything) and the email services. Now, here are the problems.

Facebook brings up this message:

You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your service plan.

At the moment, I'm under the assumption that this appears because something is not activated, namely the enigmatic (enigmatic to me, that is) Blackberry Data Plan that I seem to have to jump through hoops to set up. I've phoned up and attempted to get some help, though this has been to no avail. Currently, it is apparently too late to speak to someone, though I was told that texting YES to 789333 would help. However, when I do this, another message appears:

Short message transfer rejected

I don't know why this is coming up...

My second problem is with setting up the email settings. When I try to set up an email address, I have no other option tha to set up an Enterprise Account. This is no help. When I sieve through the sections of the menu in the messages section, I find the Email Account Management section, which provides this helpful tidbit:

Unable to open email set-p application. Contact your wireless service provider.

So yeah... I'm stumped.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Want some help here...

You have to have the blackberry plan on your account.  Call the carrier and make sure they set it up right.