Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tanatek
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Warranty Support

I have two black berry that is under a year old and I am having problem with them. What number shoudl I call to get help form RIM.

Service Provider advise me to contact RIM.

Phone 1: 9900  - T Mobile

Phone 2: 9850 - Sprint

Thank you.

Olu

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Warranty Support

Hi there,

I'm not sure why your service provider told you to contact RIM... they're who you're supposed to contact when you have an issue with your BlackBerry, and they are the ones who provide you warranty support.

If you'd like to explain your problems, we may be able to help you here, but if not, your carriers are responsible for dealing with your issue(s) (call Sprint for your 9850 and TMobile for your 9900).

Also, if you have any problems when you call in, take you devices to the respective stores in your area. They should also be able to help get you the support you need in store.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tanatek
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Thank you Krypto;

Blackberry 9850 (Sprint):

I have taken it to sprint repair center. And I was told that they are not autorise to open any devise that is under blackberry warantee. And they want me to call Blackberry to get the issue resolve.

Issue:

Phone do not start, and when it start it reboot and after the reboot is completed it works for few minutes and then shut down again.  Some times when It start it works for about 2 minutes and then shut down again.

Diagonotis that I have completed:

1) I changed the battery and no different.

2) downgrade the OS to 7.0  NO luck

3) Upgrade the OS to the latest version no Luck of resolution.

Thank you.

Olu

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Thanks for that info Olu! Based on what you tried, I'm inclined to agree that there is a hardware issue. I'm not sure what Sprint repair center you went to, but they must not be an authorized repair center, in which case, you don't want to use them. Call Sprint and speak to their technical support line. Explain what you've tried already (they may get you to try a couple of other things), and they should then give you instructions on how to send your device in for repair. If they don't do that, ask them why they aren't helping and let us know. Also be aware that you can request that your call be escalated to the next level of support, and if needed, Sprint's technical support can put you in direct contact with RIM.

If you still have troubles getting support, please let us know and I'll see if we can get further support here.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

I agree completely. I did the same with VZW. Ended up getting a refurbished 9850 thru VZW. There seems to be a RAM problem that shows up after the 1 year warranty expires. If you can get an extended warranty,not the insurance I would do so.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.