Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

icarlos161
My Device: Not Specified

Weird problems today (Lost Contacts, call log).

Hi. I'm just posting this to release frustration!

Two days ago I felt like downloading whatsapp from appworld, no go: app wouldn't connect. Then, I downloaded the app from the whatsapp ota website, no go either, same problem (no sms confirmation). After contacting their support, they gave 11 useless steps to fix the connection issue, never worked. In the meanwhile, I uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp tens of times (i'm kind of stubborn). In conclusion, no whatsapp. 

An hour ago, I received a call from a friend that I had on my contact list, "Had", because when he called I saw his number on screen, not his name. Then, browsing through my contact list, I saw that I lost a few other contacts, and/or a second phone number for a given contact, and, also, all my contacts had lost their link with my facebook friends! (I had them pretty well organized already). Then, I went to look at my stored sms and I saw a lot of phone numbers, not the names!! To top it all off, I lost my call log.

Well, anyways, I blame the whatsapp installation because that's what I've done out of the ordinary lately. Nevertheless, it could be a number of other problems. Also, now, when I look at the details on a contact, I see that I can choose the contact list where the contact seems to be stored at. I have two lists now, my email contact list and "default". I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before.

I'm just sharing my experience to see if anyone out has had the same issue or a similar one. If anyone has a solution or a recommendation it would be greatly appreciated, since I would hate it if It happened again!!! thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
erastus11
My Device: 9800 Torch on BIS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Weird problems today (Lost Contacts, call log).

I'm no help, but strangely on the same day I lost all my 'Completed Tasks', which are supposed to be held for 90 days (according to the menu option I selected).  I had installed a Hearts game and a Spades game, which shouldn't be going anywhere near Tasks, one would think.  On the other hand, it does sort of make sense that an app like WhatsApp could screw something up with your logs and contacts... 

I hope you find an explanation! 

9800 Torch on BIS through ATT
Please use plain text.
mishkato
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

Looking for help too as maybe there's a virus on my bb. I noticed that some of my contacts had mysteriously dissappeared. At first I thought I had deleted a few by mistake by pressing the delete button, so I was extremely careful when using the delete button. But still some of my contacts are still dissappearing. I added two of my friend's contacts again 3 days ago, but today I couldn't find them! I went into my WhatsApp and found some chats with numbers but no names!!! Does anyone know what the reason could be? Thanks

Please use plain text.
ManMesh
My Device: 8250 curve
My Carrier: BahrainBatelco

I had the same problem 2 days ago, still trying to retrieve my contacts ! and these r my customers contacts and all my work.. any luck getting your contacts back?!?!!?
Please use plain text.
yogi808
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

So is there a solution to this problem? The same just happened to me today.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
teddy-12
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: o2

and me, lost all my contacts. HELP!!!!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

teddy-12 wrote:
and me, lost all my contacts. HELP!!!!

Duplicate:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/lost-all-contacts/m-p/2512461#nobanner

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.