Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

What's up with my cursor?

Whenever I try to text, BBM or any typing in sunlight my cursor goes wild. It jumps all over the place, if I return it to where it should be it goes off again to where ever it likes. Very frustrating.

Help please, Joe

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: What's up with my cursor?

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

This is a common problem reported throughout this and BB9800 forums. You may notice the self-scrolling occurs only when the device is in low light areas. Right? Move to bright light and it doesn't happen. Frustrating? You bet! You might try reducing the Touchpad Sensitivity settings (found in Options > Typing and Language > Touchpad Sensitivity)

New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion Teaboy. I will try it, but my cursor issue seems to occur only in sunlight any other time it's fine. I'll give suggestion a try, fingers crossed.

Joe

New Contributor

Reducing trackpad sensitivity didn't work, cursor still has a mind of its own on sunlight.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

trackpaddiagram.jpg

Since track pads are light based/optically driven - if ambient light is overpowering the built in emitter - yes you could have issues.

New Contributor

Yes I think your probably right. I have a warranty plan with my provider and I can swap out for a new one and I think I will because I like the phone.
Thanks for your help,
Joe.