Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
rigya
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

Whatsapp won't work

I recently upgraded my Whatsapp and now it won't send messages even when I am connected to the internet.
I use Wifi and BIS is deactivated for the time being as I have 24/7 Wifi connection.
BlackBerry World showed an upgrade for Whatsapp, I upgraded, it showed some error after the reboot that the upgraded version was wrong for my phone (I was able to receive and send messages, emoticons were not working). It then directed me to a link on the website, I downloaded it, reboot the phone and Whatsapp hasn't worked. Other apps are working fine.
It has happened to me earlier. But it started working itself after 3-4 days or after I re-installed the app. I don't remember.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Whatsapp won't work

Hello rigya

Previously if you're using whatsapp without any issue then you should try reinstalling it again , it may help . To do that first on your Homescreen Go to Options > Device . Application Management > locate and delet Whatsapp from there .

After deleting perform a Battery pull restart by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinset it back . After reboot download a fresh copy of whatsapp from BlackBerry app world .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SHAWN101
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Glo

Am having this same issue could any one please help us out?

Smile
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SHAWN101

Hello BLACKBERRY I am getting an error every time I open up an app I just downloaded. It says error starting error loading module> verify error. Can anyone please help?
Smile
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

SHAWN101 wrote:
Hello BLACKBERRY I am getting an error every time I open up an app I just downloaded. It says error starting error loading module> verify error. Can anyone please help?

Hello SHAWN101

With which application you're getting this error ? Is it after Installing Whatsapp ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SHAWN101

yes , the previouse version of whatsapp was working well, its was went i upgade to the newer version that i was having the Error each time i try to open the app and have delete its so manytimes and restall it but am still having the same Error.

Thank you so much for the respond.

Smile
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

SHAWN101 wrote:

yes , the previouse version of whatsapp was working well, its was went i upgade to the newer version that i was having the Error each time i try to open the app and have delete its so manytimes and restall it but am still having the same Error.

Thank you so much for the respond.

Hey SHAWN

It will hardly take 30 min. if you try my suggestion, can you try it  !

Do a Backup of your Device first using Desktop Software :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

Once you have your Backup , you have to Relaod your OS , for help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After Relaod , restore you contact , calender etc. reboot your device once again then try installing Whatapp , avoid installing any 3rd party application for a day . Then check if error cease .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rigya
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Airtel

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply. Actually I tried that. It worked for 5-10 mins and then the same problem. I again re-installed it but this time it didn't even work for 5 minutes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SHAWN101

i couldn't see other version of blackberry OS available , i did as you said but i didn't see other version of blackberry OS available.

thanks for your surpport.

Smile
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

SHAWN101 wrote:

i couldn't see other version of blackberry OS available , i did as you said but i didn't see other version of blackberry OS available.

thanks for your surpport.

Hello SHAWN101

Sorry .. But I noticed that you're running  two theads Some apps won't work on my Blackberry and my Camera is not working either at the same time . 

So, please do as ViciousFerrent suggested for you . 

Please use plain text.