Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

When Bluetooth connected, only music - no phone connection

I have a Bluetooth BTST  9000A, and I have it paired with my BB Torch 9800.  But now when I turn it on, all it does is play my music.  I can hit the BB key and chose Switch Application to Phone and place a call.  But when I hang up on a call I've placed, the media player starts the music again, and I can't stop the music so I can answer a phone call with BT connection.  To get the music to stop at all, I have to turn BT off, go to Music and stop the song, hit the BB key, and close the Music.  But the minute I turn the BT connections back on, the music starts again. 

How can I use the Bluetooth for phone only?  I've pressed so many buttons trying to get this to work  that I have no idea what to do.  I've even tried going to Options and Settings but I can't find the secret to tell my BT to play music only when I tell it to, NOT automatically.  When I initially paired the BT, I didn't set it to play the music, only wanted to use it for phone calls.  Now it defaults to music, and I cannot figure out how to stop the bleeping music to accept a phone call.  AAAAAGGGGHHHH!

Any suggestions, please?  Help is sincerely appreciated.