Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9860

When I get an call the phone switches automatically to speaker phone when I pick up the call

When I get an call the phone switches automatically to speaker phone when I pick up the call.

I then have to press the handset button to get out of the speaker phone mode.

How do I set it to goto the handset automatically.

I have the most up-to date software and I have pulled that battery.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: When I get an call the phone switches automatically to speaker phone when I pick up the call

Just to clarify, you've pulled the battery while the phone is powered ON? If it's OFF, that will do nothing to help you.

Please post back with your reply.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: When I get an call the phone switches automatically to speaker phone when I pick up the call

To re-boot the phone I turned it off and then pulled the battery out and let it sit for 5 minutes.  Then I put the battery back in and powered up the phone.

Elite II

That won't do a thing to help you. To clear your phone's cache (which is what you want to do), your phone must be turned ON. Try it again with your phone powered on.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

How do you clear the cache while it is turned on?

Elite II

That's just what happens when you do a battery pull. If your phone is turned OFF, the cache is not accessible. As you're probably aware, anytime any electronic device is acting up (PC, printer, modem, etc.), unplugging it will correct many issues; it's the same with your phone.

I can't offer a really technical explanation, just trust me on this one and remove your battery while your phone is ON. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

I pulled the battery while the phone is still turned on.  Let it sit and then put the battery back in and then powered it on again.

It still does the same thing?