Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: BB9300 and Playbook

Which to get 9810 vs 9860 vs 9380

My daughter wants to upgrade from her current 9300 and wants a bigger screen and touch screen/and or keys.

These are the choice (I'm in UK) 9860, 9810 or 9380. She's keep going between the full touch, to the touch with keys 9810.

Can someone help with the choice who had a similar situation. I tell her that he 9810 looks bulky with the slide, the 9860 and 9380 to me are the same apart from the size of the touchscreen, 3.7" to 3.2" Does this matter much? Is typing still easy on the smaller 3.2" touchscreen?

Hope you can help I have to order soon for her birthday on middle of Dec.

Thanks
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Which to get 9810 vs 9860 vs 9380

Hi there,

With the variations in the human condition, I suspect you will receive opinions all over the map on this. Folks with "bulky" fingers, like me, hate the physical keyboards...can't press the correct keys to save my life! But, folks with "slender" fingers often prefer the physical keyboard.

The size of the display may or not matter...it depends on what it will be used for. If it's playing movies, then the larger screen is of course much better. But, for texting, it really doesn't matter. For long emails, more screen real estate can matter.

That's just a couple of points...it really depends 100% on the end user and their own mix of preferences, desires, capabilities, physical limitations (e.g., my "bulky" fingers), and other things...none of which will match any other human on the planet. We are all unique.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB9300 and Playbook

Re: Which to get 9810 vs 9860 vs 9380

Well it's for my daughter 14, and she currently has a 9300, and it's unbelievable how fast she types on the keys for BBM!

Tbh all she uses it for is BBM and messaging and music. She never watches movies, never surfs, just YouTube.

The 9380 seems a better size, but she's ummming and ahhhing over losing the keyboard. I know for a fact that I couldn't use a keyboard like that.