Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
bb_j
My Device: Z10

Why I hate my blackberry torch

[ Edited ]

Right now I'm typing in each of the memos individually because there is no way to just copy the memos out onto my computer in plain text.  How insane is a company that doesn't allow you to just export your memos and contacts to plain text or csv?   My god, would it be that hard to just have an export option in Desktop Manager for contacts, memos?

If anybody has any ideas besides syncing to a cloud service first then to plain text let me know.

No Outlook

Blackberry 6

Windows 7

AT&T Z10 (v10.1.0.2019)
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Why I hate my blackberry torch

I am not 100% sure I am following what you are saying,but I think I do. If you are using the Memo app in BB and want to send kit to your comp. you just click on the heading within memo,do not open the memo. Scroll down to the heading of the memo you want to send,Push BB menu button and thete will be a tab called Forward As. Then there will be a list of choices like email,Text ect.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb_j

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestion, but not exactly.  When you select the memo app, you can forward:

email

text message

bbm chat

bbm group

PIN

Social Feeds

Twitter

None of these options allow me to export all of my memos to my computer as simple .txt files.  I don't want to use any software, just export.

See this kb article refers to the desktop software:

KB12268

What I want to do is connect my bb to my computer via usb cable, then export all my memos to .txt files on my computer.  Or even an .xml - any way to just save the memo files to my computer without having additional software installed on my computer such as Outlook.  I would be happy to use the Desktop Software to do this, but it can't.

AT&T Z10 (v10.1.0.2019)
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

I see now what you want to do. I am going to pass on my trying to help maybe someone else on this site who knows a whole lot more than I do can help you. Sorry I tried.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bb_j

Thanks for the reply - I was just getting frustrated this morning.  It only took about an hour to transcribe all my memos, so I'm finished now.  The problem, however, still exists!

AT&T Z10 (v10.1.0.2019)
Please use plain text.