Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

jbreezy2012
My Device: 9850 Torch 2
My Carrier: Alltel

Why does Blackberry ALWAYS FREEZE UP???

This is my 4th BB and all of them seem to freeze up. I dont know if its my apps or email or what? I just got the torch 2 9850 and thought it would be better... nope. Screens still freeze. Even something as simple as sending text messages freeze up anywhere from 2-10 seconds several times throughout the day. I have emial, facebook, Salesforce, and just deleted twitter because it was pointless. it would not refresh unless I signed out and back in. Just kept "loading". I have a 16GB card in the phone and I thought that would help......... not really. Whats the deal? I dont hear of iphones or Droids freezing, just BB phones. Is there anything I can do? This is very aggrivating. If I had another option, I do not think I would be a BB customer. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Why does Blackberry ALWAYS FREEZE UP???

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

A media card full of songs and pictures will take a long time to generate the thumbnails and song playlist, possibly making it slow up first use.

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Visitor
brandonboot
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

First off...this is a forum and I'm allowed to vent!!  My post will probably get deleted, but I will feel much better when done.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....yeah, had to scream because this phone is driving me insane!!  Everytime I need it the most, it freezes...I think it hates me or my freinds for laughing at me because I'm the only one in the group left with a Blackberry...our narcisist IT group are old as dirt and refuse to break away from RIM...so I'm stuck with this POS!!!  It seems the older Blackberry were much more reliable...

I have tried everything and been researching all kinds of support blogs and posts...maybe I got a retarded one, but from the looks of everyones posts, seems like someone spoiled the gene pool and ran...lol.  Yes, I'm trying to find humor in this becuase I think my phone has cause a rise in blood pressue.  Everytime my Blackberry has to "think", it freezes...I tried numerous memory management apps...nope!!!  I tried deleting EVERY app...nope!!!   A battery pull does the trick...sometimes.  but a battery pull lets me take a 30 min nap, because that's how long it takes to REBOOT!!  Sorry Crackberry lovers..you can argure with me all you want about "its my device", "its my provider", "you have currupt app"....it takes a LOOOOOOONG time to reboot!!...my Ipad takes seconds, my wife and kids Iphones take seconds....yes, I bought them Iphones so they would not indure the same pain as me!!!

My wife has an Iphone and hers NEVER freezes...most likely because Apple has thier Sh#t together and can afford decent programmers....oh yeah, RIM just let go of 1000's of people....it's great seeing the busness men next to me with their Iphones on Netflix and Hulu...oh, and Facetime with their kids as they travel!!...what do I have...Brickbreaker!!  oooooooohhhhh...

RIM!! listen to your CUSTOMERS, NOT the IT departments!!  They are not the END USER, WE ARE!!  If it was up to my IT department, we would all be driving the same car.  WAKE UP!!

But there is hope, our IT has new CIO and came with an Iphone....THANK GOD!!   He has already switch our China reps to Iphones because China BB's don't work and they can only work on Roam from US....oh wait...

But don't listen to me...I'm just the head of Product Support from a futune 500 company...and I listen to my customers...end users...not just the people who buy our products, but USE our products..

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

iphone dont take time to boot since there is not much security involved

30 minutes is a bit much, sounds like you do have an issue.

does your IT policy have encryption enabled? that could explain the slowdown.

what is everyhting you tried? i know a few people with a 9850 and they dont have this issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.