Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
alexdinsdale
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Why does my Torch randomly vibrate when charging?

I've got another question about my Torch: Does anyone know why my phone will randomly vibrate for about 5 seconds, and flash the red LED, every couple of minutes when it's charging?

It seems to do it mainly when plugged into a computer or the car.  The phone is definitely charging as the battery %age (3rd party app indicator) goes up over time and the BB battery logo shows it's charging.

I've just set it to the 'no notifications' profiles so in theory it shouldn't do anything, but it's still vibrating.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Alex

Retired
Dr_Palto
My Device: 9000, 9500

Re: Why does my Torch randomly vibrate when charging?

Hello,

In this case i would recommend wiping the BlackBerry smartphone. To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Please open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Backup and Restore button and select Back Up. Please note the location where the backup is being saved as we will need to access it later to restore the BlackBerry smartphone.

Once backed up please follow the link below to perform a security wipe of your BlackBerry smartphone.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

Test the BlackBerry smartphone and proceed with a selective restore as outlined below.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what 3rd party app?

does your 3rd party app have any options that could be causing it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
alexdinsdale

It's the free version of deBattGym and the only settings it has relate to upgrading to the paid-for app.  It's supposed to be some kind of battery management software.  Do you think this could be causing it?  I'm keen to try all options before formatiing it as the earlier respondent suggested, although I accept I may have to do that.  Thanks for your help.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

since the app was free and available again, remove it from the device and pull the battery while device is on.

then try charging it and see if it vibrates after.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
alexdinsdale

I did as you suggested - removed the battery software - and it has now stopped vibrating lime it used to.

Thanks to you both for your help.

Alex

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Glad to hear you are doing better.

Enjoy the Torch.