Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Telcel
Accepted Solution

Wifi just says connecting and wont work

I have tried everything to connect my bb to the wifi. It worked perfectly before, but now I try to connect and it just says connecting, and it appears like it is connected and wont work. Ive tried everything, help!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Wifi just says connecting and wont work

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So as to avoid redundancy, please expand on "everything"...unless you tell us, we cannot know what you've already tried, and hence risk redundancy telling you anything at all.

Also, what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? Something else?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Verizon

I think that the problem is with you router not with your device rep lug the router and try again
Contributor

Well, I have resetted it and have  deleted a lot of saved networks. I have done everything I have thought of doing. But I know it is not my device that has the problem because all of my family connects perfectly to the wifi and I have tried connecting to a lot of different ones. It just says it is connecting and that message wont go away, and above it says it is connected but wont work

Contributor

i cant replug the the router because I am in a hotel, but I really do think it is my device. My sisters wifi works really well, and mine doesnt. And I have tried connecting my phone to other servers, and it says the same message. If it is a new wifi with password, it will ask for the password and once I put it in, it will still appear as it connecting and wont work

Hall of Famer II

Alezambrano wrote:

Well, I have resetted it and have  deleted a lot of saved networks. I have done everything I have thought of doing.

And still, we do not know what "everything" means...

Know also that not all WiFi networks are alike...some are especially problematic to connect to, and may be different on different devices. Also, since you reveal you are in a hotel, it's perfectly possible that the WAP you are attempting to connect to is already saturated with it's max quantity of users, or something else in the hotels infrastructure is causing this to not work. It is very difficult to firmly diagnose environments over which you have no control (as in the hotel).

If you are using the configuration wizard, substitute instead please manual control over the WiFi configuration. Also, please go elsewhere in the hotel and try. Also, please go elsewhere off of the hotel network and try.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

yes, it has been 4 days and my phone still hasnt worked. The same message keeps appearing, I still connect to different networks and the same thing still happens. Im not able to use it!!
Hall of Famer II

Please clarify...you have tried multiple different WiFi SSID's, and can connect to none of them? Have you ever been able to connect to any WiFi network at all?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

yes, I am not able to connect to any SSID. I used to be able to before, but it stopped working all of a sudden. A message that says it is connecting to a network appears, and it doesnt go away. It just tries to connect and wont actually connect. It still wont work to any network

Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

OK, and what happened just before this behavior started? Any new apps? Any updates? Any changes at all?

And, still, what all have you already tried? Earlier you said "Well, I have resetted it and have deleted a lot of saved networks. I have done everything I have thought of doing." From that, the only thing I can understand is that you removed some (perhaps not all) of your saved WiFi networks. But I cannot understand the rest...please help us by clarifying exactly ALL that you have already tried.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates