Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
widjaja
My Device: 9810

Will there be Blackberry OSx with internet data plan for BB Torch (no BIS / BES required) ?

[ Edited ]

After a huge download of un-official release BBM last night (with 1.1.mio user in 8 hrs - incl. me :-) ), will there be Blackberry OSx that can be use with internet data plan with no BIS / BES required at least for Torch ? I think it will get a great interest as well...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Will there be Blackberry OSx with internet data plan for BB Torch (no BIS / BES required) ?

Hello,

No one here can officially know the answer to that question. Indeed, it is the carriers who determine the pricing for the various plans that they offer to their customers. Some level of BIS plan will likely always be required for legacy devices given their very design (e.g., not a full on-device email client, requires therefor BIS in order to function at all for email). Indeed, in some markets, there already is the ability to have BIS-level services without any added charge...but those pricing and plan configurations are set by the carriers, not by BlackBerry. But I would guess that legacy devices will always require some kind of BIS plan..but as to if that costs more or not, that is a decision left up to each carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.