Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

brandolph
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Yellow Star icon on homepage

[ Edited ]

I received this message also with a star icon "Advanced RAM Optimizer, Make your Blackberry run faster."

I've deleted the message several times and rebooted. It keeps coming back and the star won't go away.

I'm unable to open the message. I contacted BB support, but no help. I was told I was the first person with this problem. Really?

New Contributor
Teezwuzhere
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Nope.....as you can see a lot of us have had this problem. Check any recent App downloads and see if any are by AFBB. Delete them. Open the App request from your messages which will take you to APP world then back arrow out. Hopefully that will fix the problem. Good luck! Took me 3 days to get rid of it.
Contributor
BCMike
My Device: Torch 9810

The evil yellow star is indeed linked to AFBB!  That message for RAM Optimize came in after I'd downloaded Vibrate On Call Connect Pro.  I almost never look for messages unde the global message tool so'd forgotten about that incoming message.  I did as above and hit the link to ahve nothing happen, back out and the icon was gone.  I'll leave VOCC installed for a few days and see if they spam me again.  If not I'll keep this cause I like the tool.  If they do though boy I'll delete and then go all ITG on them.

New Contributor
nvbalamurali
My Device: 9780

I have uninstalled the "Memory Optimizer" Applicatio from BB then its cleared teh "Yellow Star" Indicator. thanks for your help.
New Contributor
Robin_Lee000
My Device: Torch 9810

Unistalled Metrix and problem solved. Thanks a lot!
New Contributor
georgesazeides
My Device: Torch 9860

I found a solution that worked for me without deleting the application!

If you don't whant to uninstall the application from your BB, you can just change the application's permissions:

Options -> Device -> Application Management -> Find the application (from AFBB) -> Open (View Properties) -> Edit permissions -> change the options under "User Data" to "Deny" -> Restart Device.

Now, if you open the application it will probably ask you to change the permissions again! Remove the option "Personal Information" -> Save and use the application.

If by any chance the application is not working then you can simply delete it and get rit of that annoying yellow star! :smileyhappy:

tomcharm78
My Device: 9300 bold

hey same here this star seems to be every where

New Contributor
Teezwuzhere
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

AFBB apps sre evil. They spam you constantly. A shame really because I liked the app. Oh well. Spamming is not cool.
carlosz

I´m new on this forum, and my solution for this case is like other friends over here, remove a application from AFBB and done, the yellow star is vanished. In my case was a Battery Booster, it was simple to remove because I don´t know if it really works.

petetherocker

I deleted the Fancy Smiley app and the yellow star disappeared.