Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Dreminto
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Re: Yellow Star icon on homepage

To remove yellow star icon Goto your text message icon:

- Open BB menu

- Goto view folders

- Goto new apps and open folder Delete the Battery Optimiser App The yellow star icon wil have gone.

It's really an app trying to get you to purchase it.  Not sure how RIM marketing thought of this but i dont want it.

Please use plain text.
Dreminto
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

To remove yellow star icon Goto your text message icon:

- Open BB menu

- Goto view folders

- Goto new apps and open folder Delete the Battery Optimiser App The yellow star icon wil have gone.

It's really an app trying to get you to purchase it.  Not sure how RIM marketing thought of this but i dont want it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fishwater99
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Yeah. It seems to pop up a every couple of weeks. Probably installed with one of their free premium apps. Thanks for the resolution.
Mark it 8 Dude.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Lifesafreak
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Yellow Star icon SOLVED!

I read through all of the messages and managed to make my star go away. Here was my method.

Go to your Black Berry App (App World) - then go to MY WORLD.

Make sure the top is set to INSTALL apps.

Click each app and scroll down on it's page until you can see who made that application.

Any games or apps that are made by Application For Black Berry (AFBB) may be causing the problem.

Mine was a game called Helicopter. I deleted/uninstalled the game Helicopter. My phone prompted me for a reboot. Reboot now.

Then when it finished, my phone was still acting funny and froze, I had to pull out the battery. Afterwards, it worked better but is still acting frozen, but THE STAR IS GONE. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
primeyap
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Globe telecom

Hi,

Can You also help me do the same.. I am also havibg trouble getting rid of this yellow star on my homepage.

I notice that from the time i acquired this icon, my batterry performance seems poor. I need your immediate help on this. thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi primeyap,

Welcome to the BB Community...

Try these steps:

Solution- open "messages"(not the text messages) n there u will find a notification of some application wth the same star sign(in my case it ws tarrot card reader for BB),jst click on tht and if u dnt want tht App installed then jst close it...the star sign should be gone...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
Phatberry
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Tried your method...worked like a charm!:Clap:

Please use plain text.
Phatberry
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Tried your method...worked like a charm!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
michelle_louise12
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodacom

Can someone please help me with my question? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi Phatberry,

Glad that it worked...

Please "accept that as solution" so that if some1 else is having this issue, he/she could find this post and know how to solve the issue...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
Please use plain text.