Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Challenger71
My Device: Torch 9860

Re: Youtube videos stopped playing on my 9860

A battery pull is my "hard boot" method :smileyembarrassed:).
New Contributor
sulla
My Device: torch 9860

Thought so, iphones have both ( battery pull and hard reboot) just thought I was missing something on bberrys, thanks anyways.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

I just decided to try on my 9850 and U-Tube will not play either.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
sulla

I ran all the diagnostic tests, updated the new bundle, contacted my supplier to check everything ok ( everything was fine ), tried y-tube on galaxy and iphone 5 ( worked fine ), it can only be a problem with google concerning the 7.1os.
New Contributor
Challenger71

[ Edited ]

I read on another post somewhere that you can get around  the Youtube App problem by doing a google search under videos, which will direct you to youtube and the videos will actually play.  I checked it out and that is the case.  Actually searched youtube (after using the App) then left youtube and used the same title of a video I found under a google search which directed me back to Youtube and had no prolbem playing the video  ..  only issue with this workaround is you can't like, favorite, or comment on the video and after it plays you are immediately sent back to the google search screen ......  Odd

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Anyone know how long this has been a problem?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
sulla

A few days to a few months.
New Contributor
Challenger71

I'm not on Youtube constantly, but usually every other day or so and I first noticed the problem this past Thursday ... thought it might be a temporary glitch at the time, but it has presisted since then.  As I just posted, the problem does not seem to occur if you're directed to a specific Youtube video from a google video search or from a link someone has posted on Facebook. 

Contributor
BrandonLegere0623
My Device: Z10

I just found this post for everyone in this thread to look at: http://m.crackberry.com/youtube-no-longer-working-blackberry-os-devices
New Contributor
sulla

Google must of fixed the problem with bberry 07.s complaint I got youtube back this morning, any one still down.