Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: app world an error has occured please try again later

reazle wrote:
Hey so I just need to deal with the fact that my bb is useless

Not at all...but you do need to answer my questions. When you don't do that, I have no way of knowing the outcome of what I've recommended. And we cannot move forward from that condition. So, please, read and fully answer all of my questions that I've asked you so far...from what you keep posting, it feels like you aren't even reading what I post for you.

Please help me to help you.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
reazle
My Device: Not Specified

I checked out the kb so what so I do next,I'm not really clued up
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

reazle wrote:
I checked out the kb so what so I do next,I'm not really clued up

OK...so, at the bottom of KB23854, it says this:

• In BlackBerry App World™ 2.0.1.12, an active Mobile Data Network is required to access the application for the reason that BlackBerry App World will need the mobile country codes (MCC) to function on the wireless service provider's network. A Wi-Fi only network does not supply the MCC information. This is an expected behavior.

So, does that apply to you? Are you using that version of AppWorld? If so, then nothing is broken...you cannot use that version of AppWorld via WiFi. Period.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
reazle

Yes I am using that version,and can I delete it to use older version
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Whew! I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere. FWIW -- In future, please actually read what is recommended before you say that you've already read it. It'll make things go so much quicker for you I am sure!

reazle wrote:
Yes I am using that version,and can I delete it to use older version

The only way to do that is to remove AppWorld:

• KB10040How to remove a third-party application from a BlackBerry smartphone

Then tether and launch your BB Desktop Software. In the Application Loader section, AppWorld will be listed, but should not be "checked". Check it and it will install the original version.

You have no ability to use anything between that original version and the most recent...nothing between those two is available. Further, at some point, that old version will I am sure become unsupported and you will have no choice but to use the current version, and thereby live with the new restrictions.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
reazle

I deleted it but when I try to install I only get the new one
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm... OK, do you also have installed, to your PC, your BB OS package? You can find that via this portal:

You need to find the exact one that is already installed to your BB. It is likely from your own carrier. Download it and install that to your PC. Then try the Desktop Manager/AppLoader again and see if an older version is then available to install to your BB.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates