Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
soapydarren
My Device: Not Specified

apps n lock

Please,how can I get apps like YouVersion Bible,ScoreMobile FC and others without app world cos app world isn't available in my country.all links keep directing me to app world and makes it impossible for me to download

Secondly,each time I pull out my 9780 from the holster,it automatically unlocks d screen and opens my message.how do I disable that?thanks to you all......
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: apps n lock

Have you checked, or googled each of those application developers for a download to your device from their own website?

For instance, YouVersion Bible is available for download direct from your BlackBerry browser at:

From your mobile device, go to... youversion.com/download

I don't know about others, google and see, or even check with www.blackberryapps.com, they have most of the same applications.

For the messages opening upon removing from the holster, it is designed to do that.

According to the operating system release on your device (not all have this option) open your Messages folder > Menu > Options > General Options > Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster, and set that as you desire.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
soapydarren

Thank u so much Jsanders.....think d bible isn't available for OS6 cos I tried even from their site but still can't,the www.blackberryapps.com also isn't going thru.

For d unlock,like you said.....not all models have that option and mine is one of such models.is there any other way?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

I was pretty certain that YouVersion is available for OS6.

For www.blackberryapps.com, instead try www.mobihand.com

For the messages setting, I know that option is there.. keep looking.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
soapydarren

Looked on d site again and there wasn't any suitable bible app on it.No Youversion either,d only one I saw is a daily bible verse reading and I don't fancy it.been on youversion web but d link to download isn't doing anything when clicked on,I assume that's cos it is meant for OS5 as I saw somn written about OS5 on it.
I have tried to get pinwall to and having d same prob.....can't even find a link to try downloading older versions.didn't have any of these probs with d 9700.thank you so much for ur help tho n I'll really appreciate it if u still come up with some useful tips.thanks
Please use plain text.
anisalbashian
My Device: ani

I can't download the YouVersion
No icon
Group sms
Please use plain text.
JSanders

anisalbashian wrote:
I can't download the YouVersion
No icon
Group sms
  • YouVersion is available for the Torch. I have it. Why can't you download it?
  • "No icon", for what?
  • Group SMS is available on the Torch.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.