Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

librarytechgeek
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

automatic scrolling problem

I've had my BB Torch for 7 months now and I've always had this problem where it will automatically scroll through the icons or scroll down through the messages if I happen to have message open. I don't know how to stop it, I end up turning the phone off and on again and it stops it from happening, but it is only a temporary fix as it always starts up again. it also seems to cause my BB to freeze on me. Any suggestions? I do like the phone but this is getting really annoying!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: automatic scrolling problem

I can almost guarantee that a battery pull will correct this issue.  To do this, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  Keep in mind that your phone must be turned on when you remove the battery.

Let us know if that does the trick.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
librarytechgeek
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: automatic scrolling problem

Thanks, I tried that and so far so good! Hopefully that is the end of that Annoyance!

thanks very much for the help :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.