Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bradwint
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

bar code

How do I find my bar code so I can scan it for inviites for blackberry messenger?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: bar code

Go to the Blackberry Messenger (BBM) and click on the very top part where your name/icon (if any) is shown. This will show you your profile. Alteratively, you can access your profile while in BBM by pressing the Blackberry button (to the left of your trackpad), and on the menu that pops up, select "View my Profile."

Once on your profile, you should see a "Show" button there, where it says "PIN barcode." Click on that button to display your barcode.
~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bradwint

Your are the phone guru. I thought I would never get an answer to my problem. I only had the phone 2 weeks and learned alot except the bar code. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Glad I could help! Don't forget too that QR codes for apps (not contacts) are in BB App World's menu so you can grab apps from a quick scan -- similar to how it is in your BBM profile menu for contacts.
~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
porcha24
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

How do I scan a barcode
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bradwint

Solved is not in my list of options on my original question

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
porcha24
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

Thanks for your help x
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn

Re: scan bar code (porcha24)

[ Edited ]

QR codes are the ones your BlackBerry can understand; those are the square ones that look like random pixels in it, not the vertical lines/barcode ones you see on items that you need to scan at the checkout/register in a store.

What kind of barcode is it -- a Blackberry contact, an app, or on a product?  Below assumes you're referring to the QR code variety...

If it's a contact/BBM QR code, i.e., a person's contact info such as their address, phone number, etc., you add them by using BlackBerry Messenger (BBM):

1. Open BBM
  2. On the menu that's shown at the bottom of your BBM screen, click on the 2nd icon; it's called "Invite Contact". It's the one that looks like a person with a green plus sign beside it.
  3. The "Invite Contact" window should give you 3 options, one of which is to "Invite by scanning a PIN barcode." Click on that.
  4. The next window called "Scan barcode" explains what this feature will do. You can click in the checkbox if you want, so that it "Don't show this message again." Otherwise, click on the "Continue..." button.
  5. Your screen will change into what looks like camera mode, so you can "capture" (like taking a pic) the contact QR code that you'd like to add.  Give it a second to focus on the QR code, and it should automatically attempt to scan, as well as beep to let you know it's done.
  6. The new contact should be added to your "Pending" list of people in BBM.

--------

If it's a BlackBerry app QR code, i.e., apps for your phone such as those listed in BlackBerry App World, you can download the app by scanning it's QR code:

1. Open/Run BlackBerry App World on your phone, assuming you have it installed. ;-)
  2. Click on the Blackberry Menu button (it's looks like the blackberry logo - the button to the left of your trackpad). Scroll down the menu that pops up and select "Scan a Barcode."
  3. The next screen should give you a quick explanation of what this feature will do. Click on the checkbox if you wish for it to "Don't show this message again", otherwise click on the "Start Scanning" button.
  4. Your screen will change into what looks like camera mode, so you can "capture" (like taking a pic) the contact QR code of the app that you'd like to download/install.  Give it a second to focus on the QR code, and it should automatically attempt to scan.
  5. Once the codes' been scanned, it will load the page where you can download the app or check out the screenshots, review, etc for that app.

------

If it's a product QR code, i.e., on some drinks, price tags, and other stuff at stores & in malls, you can look up the details of that product on the web by scanning its barcode, using the same method as above via BlackBerry App World.  What it does is when you scan the QR code of the product, your phone will ask you if you wish to open a web page, and then it will take you to the specific web page that the QR code has embedded.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
Please use plain text.
GIJerome
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: 32495385918

This answer is... amaaaaaziiiiiing!  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joshnoth
My Device: none
My Carrier: Nokia

[ Edited ]

Thank you so so so much. It's really useful ,especially for some newbies, like me. By the way, could you recommend some barcode scanner for me. Mine can not read barcode from other screens, like TV or phone.

Please use plain text.