Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tweetyme
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

bb 9900 not turning on

my bb 9900 has been having issues for over a month now, first it started with hanging a lot and when i take the battery out to do a hard reset it tells me device memory is faulty and attime i wont be able to correct this except i go on the computer or attimes have to format the device memory as the computer does not detect it or unable to correct it and instead keeps turning off whn connected to the computer to do it.

but recently it goes off by it self while using it and then comes back on.

but the major problem now is that when it hangs and i do a hard reset by removing the battery it wouldnt turn on. the first time dis happened and a lot of time removing batts,charging etc it came bk on. another time i had to go on the forum and i was able to make it turn back on with the escape button held down but now nothing seems to be working, even when i tried to do a force detection on the computer,the desksop software cud not detect my device and am unable to do anything right now. i removed the battery while on usb the computer detected it but not the software manager.

now am stuck on the loadong sign, or sometimes just blinks the red light goes off and doesnt reload.

how do i get my device back working as i purchased it in september last year in the us.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: bb 9900 not turning on

i would connect it to the computer and BB desktop manager
i would update the software
remove everything you can
then reinstall the basic stuff you need
dont forget to back up before you do any of that !!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tweetyme
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: bb 9900 not turning on

that would not work for me as i have done that several times. the software manager is not is seeing my device at all. with or without battery in. now the phone is useless

Please use plain text.