Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
bedo3436
My Device: blackberry 9860
My Carrier: vodaphone

blackberry 9860 usb port pulled out?

Does anyone else have a blackberry phone which the charger usb socket has just pulled out with the charge lead.

Can anyone tell me why this is not covered under warrenty as it is clearly a manufacurers fault.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: blackberry 9860 usb port pulled out?

never had a USB port pull out on any of my devices in past 4 years

maybe it was defective but usually they are soldered in really well

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speke
My Device: tourch 9860
My Carrier: telus

I have 2 blackberry 9860 and 1 of the ports pulled out and the ether 1 is so lose it will not charge the phones for 8 mouths old and is not covered under warranty this is not wright fix it blackberry.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

I would like to know the answer also. 8 months old and not covered under the 1 year warranty?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speke

Nope did not cover it . My phone carrier sent it in to get fix I got a call telling me it will be 250.00 to fix it I asked why he told me it was from me bring to rough on it. .
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

I would appeal their decision. You can get a new one on eBay for less than that. You could open it up and resolder it in place also. But I think they should fix it free of charge.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
speke

if u take it in to get fixed at a cell phone repair shop it cost 85.00. The guy at tge cell phone shop tells me it happens all the time with blackberry. BlackBerry should take care of the true fan before they lose us to Iphone or Samsung. Blackberry fan for the last 10 years but starting to lose me.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

I agree!
Please use plain text.