Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bigdaddy09
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: globe

blackberry device time is changing whenever the device reboots by itself

i have encountered it numerous times that my bb9860 will reboot by itself and will notice that the device time would somehow be on year 2037 or even more advance.

that solution that i apply for this is to delete the sms messages and do the basic of pulling out the battery and put it back again...then it will work but after some time same issue will happen again.

hope there's a way for this not to happen anymore.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Re: blackberry device time is changing whenever the device reboots by itself

Try re-installing your device software.
Read this:
Http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB11320&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Good luck..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bigdaddy09
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: globe

wont that erase all the i have on my phone?
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
mondi21
My Device: 9320/7.1.0.865 (B2428)

Of course you need to do a back-up first. So after the process you will be able to restore your data.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Please use plain text.