Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: LIME

blackberry id limbo

I bought a new Torch 9860 a few days ago to upgrade from my old Torch and I am unable to log onto it using my existing Blackberry ID nor create a new ID.

I put in my old SIM card into the new phone and I am able to use BBM, browse, etc. but when I do the 'forget password' process after failing to be able to log on and I click the link in the email and it takes me to the change password website and allows me to change my Blackberry ID password.  However, after sucessfully doing this I cant log onto either my local provider's blackberry cw.blackberry.com website nor log onto my phone to setup email, get into the Appword, etc. using that same new username and password.  I just tells me invalid username and password and neither my local cell provider nor their call in tech support helpdesk seems to be able to help and point me to the RIM support.

Please advise. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9860 Torch
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: blackberry id limbo

I have gone through a few sites and it seems this BBID/BBM setup issue is perculiar to 9860 Torch.

I will like to see BB do something about it.

i have been having sleepless nights on this issue for over two months now.

i can't return my phone because i ordered it online so the seller claims he can only replace if it were to be hardware issue.

every other thing works well on the phone except BBM.

what is BB without BBM?

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: T Mobile/ EE

Re: blackberry id limbo

I did not set any password. I want to down load a free app to lock the phone with the slide. When i do the same ,the system asks for password. I don't have one and then its clearing out. Have you got any solutions please?