Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

blackberry torch 9800

[ Edited ]

my blackberry is in disarray dropped a couple times however seems to be receiving texts etc.. but unable to use manual functions. Temporarily got touch functions intermittently. Downloaded this software and is asking me for password. I thought i would try to update software. I don't have a password but if one was created how would i find it. Thanks if anyone could help still have almost 2 years left on contract for a phone that don't work

Is it possible to contact support for my password i am hoping to update software and am hoping this will correct my issues with manual key functions

Developer
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Tigo

Re: blackberry torch 9800

Hi, I guess you downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software, and when you connect your phone it asks for a password right?

Well if that is so then the password is the one you use to unlock your phone. 

So I guess maybe someone added a password and you didnt new, you cant change or disable the password without knowing the original but you can wipe the device. Since you can't connect to Desktop Software you wont be able to make a backup of your device, but I guess you will be able to do it with Blackberry Protect which is a free application.

If you can't use it should make a backup of your contacts writting them in a paper

One way to wipe your device is locking the device you should find a lock icon, then you should write anything as a password after the 10th try your device will erase and reset,  after that you phone wont have a password and you will be available to upgrade it with Blackberry Desktop Software

Hope it works

Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

Re: blackberry torch 9800

thanks for your help will try when i get home from work.