Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ryleesdaddy
My Device: blackberry 9800 torch
My Carrier: orange

blackberry torch completely dead

one minute working fine then all of a sudden turned off and wont turn back on,no flashing lights wont connect to laptop to desk top manager or anything completely dead.iv taken the battery out and stuck it on charge still nothing,left it on charge for hours and still nothing.seems theres no life in it at all..........

please help

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: blackberry torch completely dead

Hi ryleesdaddy,

Welcome to the Support Community!

If possible, I would suggest testing with another battery to rule out any issues with the battery itself. If you are unable to try this, I would recommend testing with different charging cables and charging sources first, to see if the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone will charge and power on. If this makes no change, you may want to try to reload the BlackBerry® Device Software by forcing a connection with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. One of the following KB articles should help you do this.

If you are using a Windows® computer: http://bbry.lv/L13o3O
If you are using a Mac: http://bbry.lv/NtreH7

Please note that this process will remove all data from your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone. If you have a backup file that was taken previous to this issue occurring, you should be able to restore some information from that file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.