Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hannahgrainger1
My Device: 8520 curve

blackberry torch help

i recently changed my touch pad on my blackberry torch 9800,and about week and half after every time i slide my phone open it goes black,(the light goes off) and when i close it the light comes back on,does anyone have any idea what it could be please

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: blackberry torch help

Hi hannahgrainger1,

Before going to any other conclusion first conformed that you had done a Battery Pull Restart

if not do it like this: While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. Then re-insert it back wait

till the device take a long Reboot.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hannahgrainger1

I have done that when I opened it back up again to make sure everything was connected properly,someone suggested that it might be the main slide flex as they tend to stop working when it has been dismantled
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi hannahgrainger1,

You mean to say you had dismantled it yourself . I prefer taking it to a authorize service center to 

perform that ,So I think you should take it to an authorized service center to check it out.

Good Luck 

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hannahgrainger1

I am going to but I wanted to get an idea as to what the problem could be because my local phone shop gave me an estamate to fix it and that was £95,I think that is a bit steep,so I am trying to get an idea what the problem could be before I take it to the shop
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi hannahgrainger,

Sitting  at a thousand miles I am not sure about it, but repairing cost of slide phone are expensive,sorry for not able to give advice on that .Good Luck and do post back.

Take Care

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hannahgrainger1

Thank you for your help, kind regards
Please use plain text.