Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
salimshaheri
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: vodacom

blackberry torch touchscreen problem

can someone please advice me on my blackberry torch.the phone is working properly,i just have a problem all of a sudden that my tuchscreen dont want to work on my torch 9810..and this happened straight after i updated my blackberry software to os7.1.is it the problem with the software or my phone?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry torch touchscreen problem

Hi salimshaheri

Welcome to the Community

Please perform 1 or 2 hard Reset  like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

See if problem resolves.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
salimshaheri

Hi thanks for the reply...and thanks for you advice as well.but the problem is still not resolved...can u give me other solutions if possible?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi salimshaheri

If your Touch Screen was working Properly before the Update can you confirm that have you installed or restore any application your previous backup ? Meanwhile try to start your device in safe Mode then see if touch screen works or not :

KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
salimshaheri

Hi..the only thing I did was updated my software,from os7 to os7.1..and after I updated the software the touchscreen stopped working,but all other features are working,the trackpad is also working fine...I tried the 2nd solution as well but still not resolved..can u please help me out?urgent
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi salimshaheri

So if in Safe mode also your Touchscreen is not working then I am sorry but you have to do a fresh Reload your Device software.I am sure it will resolve your problem.Have a look :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

Try it and let us know of your results

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
salimshaheri

Hi still not resolved...I'm trying to downgrade the software to os7 agen,but it doesn't wanna dowgrade also from destkop manager,do u know if I there is a way to do it from the blackberry device???...I wanna downgrade it bekoz when it was os7 the touchscreen was working properly.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi salimshaheri

Yes if you want to downgrade your device software you can,But I don't think it because of OS 7.1 infact 7.1 has more feature and more stable.Before downgrading your device I want you to have a try again a battery pull restart as siad above  but this time remove your SIM card as well as Media card if you have any.If it does work then you can try downgrading your device software.

Please try again and let us know

Prince

Please use plain text.