Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kittiwake

browser problem

Hello,,,

I would like to ask if there is any solution that i would try to solve my problem. I have a data service plan that supports all the services ( bbm , browsing , social networking , etc... ) ... All the services are working just fine except the browser ... The only website that I can open is blackberry website ! for all other websites ,,,it shows me the following :

"unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider" 

The weired thing is that during the last 2 weeks , it worked for like 2 hours and stopped working again !

I have tried several solutions , and here is a summary of what I did :

1. went to several blackberry workshops including the place where I bought it , and they all said that my blackberry is just working fine.

2.Contacted my service provider and went to their IT support several times and it seems that they have no understanding of what they should do. They have told me that i should wait for the next os update from blackberry and they can do nothing ! I told them that the problem maybe because they are not sending me the correct service books , but they are saying not ! 

3. I have updated my device recently to the latest version os 6.0.0.284 , official release for my telecommunication company from blackberry website  ,,, but no changes whatsoever , still having the same problem.

4. I have read a solution in this forum to switch the service books from another blackberry to the torch , and I have performed all the steps , but unfortunately , it didn't work also !

5. Also , I have resent the service books several times with no positive results ! 

6. And finally , the traditional solution , to pull out the batery or do soft reset by pressing alt+right shift and del ...

I wish that I could find the appropriate solution for my problem,,, any help would be appreciated 

Thanks,,,

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omxter
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

Re: browser problem

u have to manually transfer the service books from a previous bb that works....follow these steps:

first  I put my data plan sim card into my BB Torch and registed into a network in my case Etisalat. Then I took out of the Torch and put in another BB I used my BB bold  where i can use my data sim card. I waited for like 6 minutes and waited until i was able to use the browser on my BB bold, then I went to Options, Device, advanced system settings, and Host Routing Table, then pressed the menu button the one with the little bb sign and pressed register now. after I recieved the message saying i have been registered to a wireless network i went to Options, Service Books, and inside this folder I pressed and held ALT while I typed these letters sbeb yes there  you should see Legacy SB Restore Enabled just press ok and then connect to desktop manager and back up only the service books, you can choose what you want to back up in the custom settings just choose Service books and write browser configs for Torch so you know which one to use.

Then I took the sim card out of my BB bold and put it in my Torch, once the torch turned on i went to Options, Device, Service Books, and in the folder I typed again while pressing ALT sbeb as i did before and pressed ok. Then connected the torch to Desktop manager and restored  the file you create with the name Browser configs for my Torch, then I shut off the torch and when I turned now voila I was able to use my browser.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kittiwake

Thanks for your help but as I have mentioned in my fourth point , I have already tried that solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kittiwake

Today I have installed opera mini browser on my torch and it just works fine.but it doesn't support all websites such as youtube. I can't figure out what is the problem with the bb browser!still thinkining!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lynnmtl
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the exact same issue via our wifi network. If I turn off our access to our provider, I can't access the internet with just the wifi. Please post the solution, if you happen to find one, here. I have a call into our provider but I don't hold much hope. What I don't understand is why more people are not having this issue. All my other models function perfectly via our wifi but the Torch does not.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MabokApple

t happens to me as well. A simple question: do RIM test their products before being thrown off to the market?
Need a tester?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lynnmtl

OK possibly found a solution. I don't know if any of you are connected to a BES but we had to change our policy on the BES to not allow other browser services. It's found in the service exclusivity tab in edit policy. We didn't have it set to anything so we defaulted it to No. Browser works without provider network enabled. Will try it from home now and we'll see if it still works.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Delete the "Blackberry internet browsing service 2" entry in the Service Book.  You may need to do that every time the device is rebooted though.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Visitor
parruda

THANK YOU !!!!!

1.000 TIMES THANK YOU !!!

I´ve been trying to find a solution for this since the last 3 days, called service provider 3 times (1 hour on the phone each call) and here you brought the solution.

Whoever needs same solution, can use this one is perfect.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
denise_ms

Can I do that with a BB Storm? Where's the ALT in the storm?

Please use plain text.