Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
abeedo2001
My Device: torch 9800
Accepted Solution

by browser not work with 3g network

i just bought anew torch evry thing work fin bbm, facbook, msn, emil but the browser only work with wifi when i turned of and i start to use the 3g or the edge network the browser dont open any websait .

iam from kuwait my carier is zain my torch os version is 6.0.0.246 

Regular Contributor
omxter
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: by browser not work with 3g network

what does the browser say when you try to open it??

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
abeedo2001

its said :

"unable to connect the internet , please try again later if the proplem persists please contact your service provider "

Regular Contributor
omxter

please copy the EXACT error message you get when you open the browser..

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
abeedo2001

it is the exact error messege

Regular Contributor
omxter

you have to transfer the service books manually from another blackberry

here how i did it follow these steps:

first  I put my data plan sim card into my BB Torch and registed into a network in my case Etisalat. Then I took out of the Torch and put in another BB I used my BB bold  where i can use my data sim card. I waited for like 6 minutes and waited until i was able to use the browser on my BB bold, then I went to Options, Device, advanced system settings, and Host Routing Table, then pressed the menu button the one with the little bb sign and pressed register now. after I recieved the message saying i have been registered to a wireless network i went to Options, Service Books, and inside this folder I pressed and held ALT while I typed these letters sbeb yes there  you should see Legacy SB Restore Enabled just press ok and then connect to desktop manager and back up only the service books, you can choose what you want to back up in the custom settings just choose Service books and write browser configs for Torch so you know which one to use.

Then I took the sim card out of my BB bold and put it in my Torch, once the torch turned on i went to Options, Device, Service Books, and in the folder I typed again while pressing ALT sbeb as i did before and pressed ok. Then connected the torch to Desktop manager and restored  the file you create with the name Browser configs for my Torch, then I shut off the torch and when I turned now voila I was able to use my browser.

New Contributor
abeedo2001

[ Edited ]

thaaaaaaanx

for helping me to fix my proplem and enjoy the  greet  browser every where

Regular Contributor
omxter

am glad it worked :smileyvery-happy: enjoy..