Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bencalder
My Device: torch 9800

calendar sync mystery

HI I have a torch 6800, I have been having issues with the calender mail (was using google sync app which is now defunct) and have managed to add my main email address which is a google aps for business, so the email address doesn't end @gmail.com, its my business email address. Now I need to sync the calender form this to my phone, but when the email address is added to the BB it doesn't give calender as an option to sync?

Any ideas how I can change this?

many thanks

Ben

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: calendar sync mystery

Google have ended support for their standalone google sync app. But the calender and contact sync can still be enabled via BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). To know more on the issue head to this link: Google Sync for BlackBerry End of Life

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
bencalder

yep thanks have looked at this but it does not resolve my issue

when I try to adjust the sync features for the account I wish to sync, there is no option for calender or contacts

any other ideas?

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

To enable Google calendar synchronization with the BlackBerry smartphone, the Gmail account must first have the calendar enabled. To enable the calendar for the Gmail account, log into the web interface through http://gmail.com and then access the Calendar option at the top of the screen. Accept or update Name and Time Zone information if required. If the Gmail calendar has been previously used, these steps may not be required.

Once the Gmail calendar has been enabled, the following steps can be completed on the BlackBerry smartphone:

For BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7:

1. Navigate to Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account
  2. If prompted, enter your user name and password for your BlackBerry Internet Service account and hit Continue
  3. Select the Gmail address, press the menu button and select Edit.
  4. Scroll down and expand Synchronization Options.
  5. Make sure Calendar is checked, and then click Save.
  6. Confirm the Gmail password, and then click OK.

Information will start to synchronize. Please note that data synchronization may take several minutes to update on the BlackBerry smartphone. Data synchronization will by design only synchronize as far back as 14 days for individual events. Reoccurring events such as birthdays will appear past the 14 day threshold. Any future events will synchronize to the BlackBerry smartphone.

You can check the detail from this KB article -

• KB24204 How to enable or disable calendar synchronization with an integrated Gmail email account

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
bencalder

Hi Tanzim
as I said, when I do all that, in the sync options for the email account, there is no option to sync contacts or calenders
Its just not there, only option is for deleted items
my gmail calender is enabled
any other suggestions would be appreciated, thank you
New Contributor
bencalder

if that isn't enough the new email address also doesn't appear as an option in the contacts, so I can't even add the contacts or manage settings through that?
Trusted Contributor
gajariam
My Device: Torch 9860

https://onemediahub.com

I've used One Media Hub as a replacement for Google Sync. There's a free BlackBerry app and you can even import your Google Calendar to it.