Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

S79
New Contributor
S79
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

can I customize the mute button to do something else?

I don't use the mute button. I do like the button on the right to operate the camera. So... Can I change the function of the mute button? If so - how?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: can I customize the mute button to do something else?

The only way you'll be able to change the function of the mute button is with a third party app.

I use one called SixTools. Neat little app that allows you to use the mute button and volume buttons as additional convenience keys (reverts the volume buttons to volume control in music apps), as well as some other nifty little features.  You can set it to play different sounds when you open and close the slider, as well as when you place it in or remove it from a magnetic holster.  I had mine set to play the old Star Trek communicator sound when I removed it from the holster.  :smileyhappy:

I'm sure there are other apps out there, but I'd recommend SixTools which you can get from AppWorld for 2.99.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: can I customize the mute button to do something else?

Another app that will allow you to change the mute key function is VersaTool. It will even allow you to add extra functions (double press, press and hold). It has a lot of other functions as well. BB App World $4.99. Eitheer this or the previously noted Six Tools will do the trick - just pick whichever is best for you. ~ecm