Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

cannot open .pdf file?

can somebody give me the app to open .pdf file?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: cannot open .pdf file?

[ Edited ]

No Blackberry comes with any PDF file support unless they're part of the e-mail msg (and even then most often than not it won't read pfffff)

Only way is to purchase a program such as Repligo, Docs to go (full license - expensive), BeamReader ... you'd need to purchase these programs, no free PDF programs available.

Still irks me that RIM doesn't integrate PDF viewing on their supposed "business-oriented" blackberry devices. Keep in mind, there's no Flash support on BB's either!

RIM doesn't like Adobe or vice-versa.

Funny thing is I have colleagues that work for Adobe and they're issued Blackberries but they get ticked at not being able to have their own product on their business phone. LOL!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: cannot open .pdf file?

Shouldn't BBs be able to read pdf's?

http://ca.blackberry.com/business/software/features.jsp#tab_tab_document

I e-mailed myself a 52 kb pdf and it shows as "[?] 1 Attachment" but when I try and open it I get the message:

"This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device"

I have pdf's on a Skydrive and while I can see the pdf icon, again "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device" comes up when I try to open the file

I have a BB Torch 9800 with OS 6

What's the deal?