Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
harrie55
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: cannot reach the facebook server at this time

Hi madmys,

Can u pls explain me what is FB mobile and how to use it with Wi-Fi....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

harrie55, facebook mobile is the mobile site from facebook.  When accessing facebook, you can use www.facebook.com thru your browser, which will show the facebook site as it's seen on your PC.  You can also use m.facebook.com which is the mobile site.  This version will fit onto your phone's screen, without having to scroll side to side to see everything.  It also will show fewer photos (i.e. your friends' profile pics are not shown).  This is so it will load quicker.  A third method to access facebook is thru the BlackBerry facebook app, which is not a website at all but rather an application that fetches the info from the website and translates it onto your screen in a layout designed by RIM, the BlackBerry manufacturer.

To access facebook mobile by Wi-Fi, go to Manage Connections on your homescreen, uncheck the box that shows your network connection, check the box for Wi-Fi (making sure you're in a Wi-Fi area, such as your home network) then type m.facebook.com into your browser.

Many people here are having issues accessing facebook by Wi-Fi.  I don't seem to be having any problems.  Try it our for yourself to see if it works.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
harrie55
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Hi BillJ,

Thanks for ur reply,i connected to my home Wi-Fi and typed www.facebook.com in the browser then it directed me to www.m.facebook.com and asked me to download an application,after downloading and running that application.......now im able to use facebook on my BB Torch.

But when i try to open the App which is pre-installed in BB menu,it is throwing an error(Error:100),what is the difference between this App and the one i downloaded and installed;do i need to have dataplan in order to use the App which is there in BB menu.

And do i need to download any Antivirus for my mobile browsing through Wi-Fi.....

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You need  a BlackBerry dataplan for the facebook app.

There is no virus yet made for BlackBerry devices, so no antivirus is needed yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
erinwaypen
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: SUN Cellular

Hi, I am a BB curve 8520 user. 

Here are some of the things I learnt about BB since I bought it a month back:

1.) The facebook app for blackberry (that "f" icon you have in you phone menu) if you are subscribed to the BB data plan.  You may check this with your network provider. 

2.) For subscribers in the Philippines, here are the rates:

Globe Telecom - 300 BB Socials - you can use twitter, facebook, BBM;

Sun cellular - 999 BB Data plan (add-on to your current plan; their lowest phone plan is PHP 350)

3.) If you are having trouble accessing the internet even with wifi on, please check your browser settings.  You can do this by going to:

Browser>click the Blackberry button of your phone and scroll down to "Options"Browser Configuration>Change the "Browser" to "Hotspot Browser" 

I'll add a few more things soon. 

Hope this one helps.

Please use plain text.
erinwaypen
My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: SUN Cellular

Hi, the facebook for blackberry app is designed to work using the BB push technology. Unfortunately, you will have to be subscribed to BB services in order to use their application.  Otherwise, you can only use the regular internet/hotspot browser in your phone. Hope this clarifies.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mara31
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

i had this issue, but i'd like to know how to use it without connecting to wifi.. anyone got any ideas????:Winkiss:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mara31 wrote:

i had this issue, but i'd like to know how to use it without connecting to wifi.. anyone got any ideas????:Winkiss:

Do you have a blackberry dataplan on your phone?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.