Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: turkcell
Accepted Solution

changing country problem

hi, about two years ago, i bought my blackberry torch in turkey. and now, i moved to uk..i tried an english sim card in my phone and it asked for an activation code..i didn't know about it so i thought it was something about sim card..somehow my 10 times limit is over and now it says "invalid sim card". i'm so used to my blackberry and i really need its active connection, maps and easy mails.. phone shops say that there is no solution for this..so i wanted professional help. what can i do? what should i do? thank you.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: changing country problem

Was this "10 times limit" in the Sim card options on the device? If so, if you've exceeded the number of attempts the device cannot be unlocked by activation code and must be sent back to the manufacturer or one of the very few unlocking companies that connect the device to a special computer in order to unlock it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

should i send it to blackberry service? im not sure how can i send it to manufacturer..should i send it back to turkey? or any official blackberry service could help? thanks..
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

RIM is likely not going to ever unlock it. Your best bet is to try a service such as this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/how-unlock-hard-locked-mep-0-left-blackberry-...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

thanks..i have one more question..would my phone work normally in turkey? if yes, i might just send it and trade it. or do i have to get it unlocked?
Guru II

Your phone will work only with a sim card from the carrier that is branded to the phone. It is not country-specific but carrier specific.