Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
eric0819
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

cheap craftmanship

I have a gap at the bottom of my screen where the backlight shines through between the Talk, and Menu buttons and the black border. Looks like a $4.99 phone, not $499. That plus the fact my phone keeps locking up and freezing when I open the browser. I did a battery pull which fixed the problem for 3 days. Now it's back to locking up. My other problem is that the processor is way too slow for the new browser. The browser is nice but the pages load so slow I would rather drag my laptop with and use that.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: cheap craftmanship

What OS are you running? Type in a message MYVER and a space after to see. if not on .246 then you should upgrade to latest OS which makes it a much nicer device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

In regards to the buttons.

You can call your carrier and have them replace the device.

If for some strange reason they wont..

you can go here and order new ones that come with its own adhesive

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-torch-9800-keypad-qwerty-keyboard-p-9386.html

They're only $6 and comes with the keypad and button pad

hope that helps :smileywink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eric0819
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I did bring my phone back for a new one. The sales guy gave me a hard time but for a phone this expensive the screen should be flush. I was a bit frustrated by my last Torch but the new one is a nice phone.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Awesome! glad to hear its working better (but sorry about the store rep.. shoulda called him names and flung fecal matter... that always helps :smileyvery-happy:)

(just kidding)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Monkey pooh solves everything!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.