Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

clearing/deleting mail recipient history

Accidentally sent an email to a wrong email address(minor spelling error). Now whenever I try to send an email to the correct address, the incorrect address shows up on the address drop down selection list. This can be a little confusing.

Is there any way I can either select certain previous recipients of sent mail to be deleted, or clear everyone and start fresh?

e.g. :

Need to send email to "sample@blackberry.com"

but accidentally sent to "samole@blackberry.com"

Now when ever I am sending an email to the correct address, the incorrect address shows up as well.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: clearing/deleting mail recipient history

i havent got the full solution but at least you can stop showing all the recently used email address:

Go to mail box, options, message display and actions, untick the option 'Show recent contacts when composing email'

keep u posted once i find the pefect solution.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: clearing/deleting mail recipient history

Can we put this problem back up for review?  Don't understand why there is a Solved icon attached to it.  I need the recent recipient  list, but I have two entries that are driving my crazy.  Sureley there is a way f either clearing the entire list, or deleting an entry.