Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: bold (9000)
My Carrier: at&t

computer doesn't recognize torch

just got a new torch but my computer does not recognize the phone. Running windows xp.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: computer doesn't recognize torch

Hi randyafox

Have you installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager yet?  The latest version will have the correct drivers for your BlackBerry Torch.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

HI, I have the same problem and I'm running xp, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Blackberry DM 5 and 6 for the last two weeks. After manually configuring the USB driver they will both recognise my old 8900 curve but not the Torch 9800, hope someone has a solution.

JeffMcD

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

...new to this community. Having a problem loading software to sync with my PC. I'm running XP Professional on a Media Center PC. I keep getting failures of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 required. I can see 3.5 is loaded.  The Microsoft support site is useless. Anyone have an idea on how to get this to load?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm facing the same problem after a crash of config.sys after a defrag. After restoring XP from 2004 in the last two weeks, I'm finding out that the .NET Framerwork packs are important. Microsoft says that they are independent but I'm finding out that they are not. Take a look at your installed programs:

1.Go to Start / Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs

2. Let this run but make sure that the 'Show Updates' box at the top of the screen is checked.

3. Make sure that you have Microsoft .NET Framework X.X where the X = a number

4. Upload in sequence from Microsoft.com and hold your breath that they install the first time.

5. I understand that you need to be up to .NET Framework 3.5 and .Net Framework 3.5 SP1

6. Try installing your Blackberry software....

New find:

Go to http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool.shtml

or any other site and run this: note if you have a Media Center PC, leave .NET Framework 1.1 alone.  After close to 30 hours of banging on this, the Cleanup Toll fixed the registry issues and I was able to load 3.5 SP1 AND the Blackberry  software.

These are good sized downloads and note that you will have to reboot after each donwload. Hopefully you will have less trouble than I've had. I'm stuck at not being able to load the SP1. 

Good luck!

LJ

New Contributor

Hi Randyfox,

If the BB software won't load and your are getting .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 error, see Oldiron comments below: run the URL, then load the 3.5 SPI...you will be prompted through the rest by Automaic Update if it's active on your PC.

Highlighted
New Contributor

If the BB software won't load and your are getting .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 error, see Oldiron comments below: run the URL, then load the 3.5 SPI...you will be prompted through the rest by Automaic Update if it's active on your PC.