Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
frankkonieczny
My Device: curve 8530

curve 8530 -last attemt information will be erased on failure !

I'm german and my english is not verry good.

I have the curve 8530 and i forgat my blackberry pin. I'm now on last attemt information will be erased on failure!

This someone can help me how to get my blackberry pin befor i loose all my data in my curve.

I'm in germany now and can only use (call) the unit  in U.S-but i need from my phonebook numbers and want to show some on the phon's pictures.

It would be verry nice if someone can get me help.

thanks' in advance

Frank

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: curve 8530 -last attemt information will be erased on failure !

frankkonieczny wrote:

I have the curve 8530 and i forgat my blackberry pin. I'm now on last attemt information will be erased on failure!

This someone can help me how to get my blackberry pin befor i loose all my data in my curve.

Hi frankkonieczny

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Device PIN are unique , I think you are refering to Device password that you have set on your device,you are correct it will erase all data if you fail on your last attempt. Don't know if you already tried you last attempt  if not then please try to  recall the password that you have set on that device because there is no other way to retrive the password or to stop the wipe function after your last attempt. I think you might have a mixture of different characters in your password,and you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

• frank123
  • And you enter  f > r >a >n > k >  alt > 1>2>3

the actual result will be

• frank1er
  • You must enter
  • f > r  >  a  >n > k >  alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3
  •  to get frank123 on your device.

So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing frank123, you are actually typing frank1er . Please try it again and make sure what you are typing .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
frankkonieczny

Thank's for your help,

i have not used the last attemt.

I absolut dont remember the  pin.

What can i do?

Best regards from germany

Frank

New Contributor
frankkonieczny

is there a possibillity to get my Blackberry PIN over RIM ?

Frank

Elite II
prince2012

frankkonieczny wrote:

is there a possibillity to get my Blackberry PIN over RIM ?

Frank

Hi Frank

Is it the Device password you are refering or something else ?  

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
frankkonieczny

the device is 200 % my one - is my 2.blackberry .I purchase this by Boost Mobile in US when i signe my 2 year contract.

New Contributor
frankkonieczny

I asking for the device passwort.(blackberry)

The boost mobile passwort i have.

Frank

Elite II
prince2012

frankkonieczny wrote:

the device is 200 % my one - is my 2.blackberry .I purchase this by Boost Mobile in US when i signe my 2 year contract.

Hi frank

I think you misunderstood ! I asked is it the password that you set on your device are you refering .

If it the Device Password then sorry No one can help in this regard except yourself, you have to think carefully what password you have set on that device , BlackBerry devices are most secure if you set a password you have to enter the same otherwise it will not accept and will not allow to access that device.And will wipe the device after 10 incorrect password ( By default). But if you have a backup or using BlackBerry Protect you can restore your data back on that device . Also you can remove the media card so that data within that media card can be saved.

New Contributor
frankkonieczny

[ Edited ]

Thank's again for your help,

i will take the media card out and try my last chance(4 from 4) but befor i think 2-3 day's for the PIN.I set it up 2 years ago.

Normaly when i start the phone it ask me only the boost pin #

But yesterday it ask for the RIM pin witch i forgot.

Thank you verry mutch for your help-and all the best

Frank

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi frank

RIM PIN = Device PIN is it asking for the Device PIN or BlackBerry ID , But it will not ask for the Device PIN on initial startup and it will not WIPE your device . 

But it is ONLY  the DEVICE PASSWORD if you enter incorrect password it will initiate Wipe process. So please  look and think again what it is asking : Device Password , BlackBerry ID , SIM CARD pin , Or Device PIN.

If you remove the Battery Device PIN can be found On the white sticker under the battery. 

Good luck.