Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860

data recovery

recently i had some problems regarding rebooting my device that is torch 9860 and so i sent it for a software update. however i need to recover my photos and other data from the phone. please help. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: data recovery

There are basically two ways to recover data:  1- From a BlackBerry Desktop Software backup file, and 2- From a BlackBerry Protect backup file.

If you have done either one of these, you can recover your data and we'll show you how to.  If you've done neither one of these actions......I wish I could help you.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860

i didnt sync it with the blackberry dekjstop software and so i dont hav photos anywhere but i need those photos, please help

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

To add with BillJ, by default when your device received the update should have asked to backup device data. Now if you sent to a repair shop then you should contact them. Please not that this backup process can be skipped. Therefore, you may or may not get those data. One more thing, if your pictures are saved on the media card then OS update wouldn't cause any harm to them.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit