Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
susu0811
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

device memory cannot be read

hi there,

last week my blackberry torch, whose battery life has been rather poor, cut out due to a dead battery. when i charged it and switched it on, my wallpaper had change and i thought- weird, but whatever...anyway, i found the next day, when i tried to take a picture of my kids, that all my photos are gone and i can no longer take any pics coz it says that tthe memory is full, even though the media says 'o photos'. im gutted, but have found the following message on my storage menu ' device memory cannot be read. try to repair or format'. ive tried to repair it but it fails, and im holding on to the hope that my photos are still in there, so want to avoid formatting it until the last possible moment. im desperate for the pictures, there are just too many of my kids there to have to lose. has anyone got a possible solution, please ???

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: device memory cannot be read

there ae a few apps on the internet to repair SD cards.

You will need a PC to do this along with a card reader.

Then you can format the card once all teh pics have been taken off of it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
susu0811
My Carrier: t-mobile

thanks... i have tried this, it seems that there is nothing wrong with the card (i even put it in my husband's phone),  its the phone's memory that is unreadable, and i tried to format it yesterday and it says that formatting has failed :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boogerman
My Carrier: mtc

Grrr... why can't ppl read. 'Device Memory'... I'd love to take it out if that would fix it... but I can't. And the phone says it can't read it. It fails trying to repair it and won't format it either. Connecting the phone to a computer in storage mode, simply leaves the computer hanging... unable to see the disk in explorer, disk management or diskpart. The phone shows 'storage media is use' - but there's nothing there. Did something come loose? Is there something we can do about this? I don't suppose you have anything useful to contribute?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
boogerman
My Carrier: mtc

I have done a complete upgrade (and downgrade again) of the phone using bb desktop.

I've notice one direct side effect of the corrupt internal memory - I can not open docs in docs-to-go.

Also, the phone has no internal ring-tones -absolutely crazy... just goes 'bzzz bzzz' for everything. LOL. (not really funny - I'm trying to see the humour)

I downloaded ringtones to the removal memory - these work - but there's no defaul bb tones to download.

What's up BB / RIM, please.

Please use plain text.