Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ruthw
My Device: torch 9800

duplicated emails

on my torch 9800 i am recieving my emails more than once. i delete them and then they reappear.

am trying to deete and reinstall the two email accounts but am being asked for username and password when I go into setup - emails. I dont know what it could be! i have clicked the tab to say i need a new password and it says sent to my device, but i can find it on my device.

please help

thanks ruth

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: duplicated emails

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, you need to enter either your BIS or your BBID credentials (depending on several factors). The resolution path for each is different, so we really need to understand which it is before we give you guidance. Can you provide anything additional from when it's prompting you for the credentials? Any hint as to if it's BIS or BBID?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ruthw
My Device: torch 9800

excuse my ignorance but what is a BIS or BBID?

the message reads 'if you want to access your email settings or you changed your device, log in.'

it asks for user name and password. 

if I click on forgotten password. it asks me for my user name and then informs me that 'your password has been succuccessfully sent to your blackberry device.' I havent recieved any message with a passsword!

I used the username according to my blackberry ID account .

sorry i dont have more information.

i also have a new problem....phone keeps freezing and i get the following message ''uncaught exception application net-rim-bb messaging-app (105) is not responding. process terminated'

i hope it is not time for a new phone :smileysad: 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

ruthw wrote:

excuse my ignorance but what is a BIS or BBID?

BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service...this is the service, provided by your mobile service provider and BlackBerry, that enables all of the BB-proprietary functions on your BB. For email, with older BBs, the login is for the BIS email configuration service.

BBID = BlackBerry Identity...this is a method, used by newer BBs, to provide authentication for a variety of BB Proprietary services.

On newer BBs, you use your BBID credentials to access your email configuration. On older BBs, you use your BIS credentials. The wording of the prompt message is usually the best way to determine which it is.

ruthw wrote:

the message reads 'if you want to access your email settings or you changed your device, log in.'

it asks for user name and password. 

if I click on forgotten password. it asks me for my user name and then informs me that 'your password has been succuccessfully sent to your blackberry device.' I havent recieved any message with a passsword!

I used the username according to my blackberry ID account .

That's all rather confusing...the message you quoted would have indicated to me an older BB using BIS credentials. But then you said you used your BBID credentials. So I'm a but confused now, and cannot tell for certain which it is. But, if you indeed have BBID, then refer:

If that does not help and/or it's BIS credentials rather than BBID, then contact your mobile service provider for formal support and potential formal escalation to BlackBerry support.

ruthw wrote:

i also have a new problem....phone keeps freezing and i get the following message ''uncaught exception application net-rim-bb messaging-app (105) is not responding. process terminated'

There's pretty much no diagnosing those -- they are the equivalent of the random errors in Windows for which tracing the root cause is fruitless. Basically, these are the last out in the programming code -- some event occurred for which there is no handler in the code. The fix is a code update that handles the event...but, again, knowing what the event is is pretty much impossible. So, there are a few things to try:

Sometimes, the code simply becomes corrupt and needs to be refreshed -- just like a reboot:

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If it won't boot up cleanly, then you may need to try Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

There might be an updated code set from the carrier -- check them via this portal:

The toughest possible cause is a badly behaving app. To find it, there are a couple of options. One is to see if you can read the log file:

Go to the home screen. Hold down the "alt" key and type 'lglg'. (You will not see anything while you type).This will bring up the log file. Scroll down (probably many pages) untill you see a line that says 'uncaught execption'. Click on this line. The name of the app will be in the info. Alternative methods for bringing up the logs are in this KB:

• KB05349How to enable, access, and extract the event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

The other method is to remove apps one at a time, waiting a while in between (I usually recommend a week), until the problem ceases...thereby discovering the offending app. Still another method is to reload the BB OS cleanly, leaving some time between adding other apps onto the BB so as to be able to determine exactly which one is the cause.

ruthw wrote:

i hope it is not time for a new phone :smileysad: 

Probably not...more likely time for an OS reload and other methods to recover your full functionality. All computing devices can become corrupt, and an OS reload usually cures it.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code