Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

fjg
fjg
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

email address and password

My Blackberry Torch was recently stolen.  I have now received my new handset and everything seemed to be working OK.  I have received emails addressed to it as well as ones which are "pushed".  I wanted to download an app and needed my Blackberry ID which I entered.  It would not accept my new password - so I asked for a reset - but the email they were meant to have sent to my blackberry address has not arrived!  Does anyone have any ideas what I can do now?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: email address and password

For security purposes, the BlackBerry ID reset email will NOT  be delivered to the device. The reset email must be accessed through the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID. See KB26361 for more information on this.

Article ID: KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
fjg
fjg

Thank you for your quick reply - but this seems incredibly complicated.  I have to now forward all my emails to a live email account (eg gmail) and then presumably I have to put it all back as it was!  I was sure that my password was correct in the first place as it was only set up 4 days ago!  Presumably this is my only way though?

Please use plain text.
fjg
fjg

also, how on earth do I log into my Blackberry Internet Services Account??? Please!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

But who is your email server?  or host?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

fjg wrote:
also, how on earth do I log into my Blackberry Internet Services Account??? Please!

Wait, backup and explain all the details here. Why are you having to forward this to that?

Why not just login to your email server?  What are you not telling me?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
fjg
fjg

Ok, thank you. The address that I had the reset sent to was my Blackberry address - which as you say - won't reach my phone. My blackberry is provided by Orange - but I don't know what my Blackberry Internet Services Account is? According to the KB 12837 - Enabling autoforwarding for your Blackberry hosted email address - , if I have asked for a reset - and had it sent to a Blackberry address (I don't know how I could have had it sent anywhere else!) then I have to access this and get it forwarded so that I can change the password! I am now totally confused. Fortunately, it appears that my original password is saved on my phone - but presumably - if I change it then I will have to change that too in order to get my mail etc. Even more totally confused! All this after having to reset up my new phone after it was stolen - is exhausting. ANY advice you can give is greatly appreciated! Thank you
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Oh ok ouch, the using the blackberry.net email account is not good. Those emails cannot be found or read anywhere but ON the BlackBerry device.

Personally, I never recommend using the blackberry.net email accounts because of that main reason.

My best suggestion is to get a free gmail or yahoo account and create a whole new BlackberryID.

Then, call your mobile provider Orange and ask them to escalate this issue to RIM Tier Two level tech support, and get your old BlackBerryID account merged or moved in to your new one.

Yes, that is complicated. But it's the only way I see possible... all because of the password reset. Yuck, indeed.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.