Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
rhenner
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

email settings issue

I have 3 email addresses on my Torch - a Gmail one which works, a Blackberry one which also works, and a company one which used to work. Recently my company changed web servers, and the new server requires that the login name be the full 'abc@xyz' email address, but I cannot set anything other than the 'abc' part which is automatically entered during the account setup process, and apparently cannot be edited once created.

I even deleted the account and tried creating it again from scratch, but no luck.

Is there any way of changing this so that I can get my email working again?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: email settings issue

I usually advise people to type www.blackberry.com/integrate in to their phone's browser when encountering email-related issues.

Give it a shot and report back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhenner

Thanks, I tried that, but it still will not allow me to edit the 'username' to put in the full email address.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Virgin Mobile should be able to resolve this for you.  They have access to all sorts of things that will enable you to resolve your issue.  We don't have access to their tools, we can only supply advice (which, evidently, did not work this time).

Give Virgin a call and post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhenner

I already tried them - they are only willing to work on my blackberry email. May be time to switch providers, since I have an unlocked phone.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

rhenner wrote:

May be time to switch providers, since I have an unlocked phone.

That could be a problem.  Many carriers will not support a phone that was not purchased from them.  Sure, you're giving them the monthly business but they didn't make any money from you initially so they refuse you support.

I wish you luck with that.  Please keep us posted.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhenner

I finally got to the right person at my service provider, and they were able to input the correct login name for me, so my email now works as it should.

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.