Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hjb_07
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9900

error app 606 reset.

my torch suddenly got white blank screen with message said "error app 606 reset" unfortunatelly I can find out what is my software version and the platform is because the black screen on it..  The pc which I have instal Desktop is crash ( out of service) also lost my Software CD. What should I do? where I can find the firmware software to instal the Blackberry desktop to my other computer?  is there any way else I can find out the latest version on my torch ? or im not sure which one on my torch : software (asia) or (multi language) what i can say I purchased this phone in Australia. ( I still have the box which have all details on the side of it e.g: imei, BT MAC, bundle 695. model  and say made in mexico ) Pleassseee heelp as i really need this phone work again as there is so many pic and videos and else on it :smileysad: thanks.. 

Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: error app 606 reset.

Hello hjb_07

You can use that OS.Just follow the steps below:

You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.

This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.

1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide

2. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.

3. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.

Official BB OS download portal:

Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.

4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else you can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru

- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)

- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.

Thanks.

Good luck!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
hjb_07
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9900

Hi Josuefunes

thank you for reply me ...

typo " unfortunately I can't find out what is my software version". A question I want to ask " does this way it wipe data on that torch 9800?
New Contributor
kulshreshth
My Device: Torch 9800

BBSAK works.  I used it to set my BB right and I did not have to remove the BB desktop software which had a backup of my device files.  All that is left now is to see if I got all my address book intact.