Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
AmanyGeorge
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

error in instant messaging SMS

Dear Sir,

I have a common problem for all BB users in egypt and using vodafone network

the problem is " when i send SMS to any saved contact number with a saved chat history on my phone, it doesn't delivered " and when i asked my operator vodafone, they advised that this problem because all the mobile numbers in egypt changed by adding an extra digit to it for example " +2010 to be +20100 "

and now the problem is when i send SMS the mobile send it to the old number without the extra digit

kindly be noted that this problem occurs only in BB smartphones and it doesnt occur in any other mobile phone

your fast response would be highly appreciated

regards

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: error in instant messaging SMS

Hello AmanyGeorge and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® smartphone.

Are you able to go to the contact in your Address Book and edit the mobile number to add the required digit needed for the sending of the SMS? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
AmanyGeorge

Hello Sir, First i would like to thank you for your reply, but i was expecting a faster reply, regarding your question, it seems that you didn't get what the problem is, please let me describe it in details
here in Egypt all the mobile network such like vodafone changed all the mobile number with adding an extra digit to the number to be 11 digits instead of 10, and i already did that and i simply can go the the contacts and edit the mobile numbers and add the required digit.
the problem is, in the blackberry phones and only blackberry because this problem doesnt exist in Nokia, iPhone, samsung or any other mobile phones.
the problem is, If i have an old saved chat history in my inbox for a specific mobile number and now i want to send an SMS to this number after editing it by adding the extra digit, the SMS doesnt deliver, and they say that the only solution is to delete all the chat history, which i reject because there are a lot of SMS i want to save them and i can't delete them.
can you help me in solving this problem ?
Thanks

Retired
hmthepirate

You can use the Desktop Software to backup your data, including SMS.

However, you would need to delete the chat and start a new one since the regulations have changed for the 11 digits.

Hope this helps to clarify.

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
AmanyGeorge

thank you for your reply, would you please suggest / recommend a specific software to do the backup with ?

Retired
hmthepirate

You can download the BlackBerry® Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/software/desktop for either Mac or Windows.

Once you have done the backup, delete the SMS chat and try to send a new SMS to your friend.

Let me know how you make out. 

-HMthePirate