Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Yasmin_83
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: accountant

error starting _ verify error. how can I fix

My blackberry 9800 is no longer working with apps .. It appears that all newly installed apps or upgraded apps (purchased or free) now give a 'verify error' on startup. I have re-installed the apps and even re-installed the OS to no avail.

Online forums show many others with this issue but the only advice is upgrade to OS 7 which is not an option for the 9800 I own (a bit over a year old) some suggestion the app registry is full but no idea how to fix this...

This is extremely frustrating that the primary apps I use on my phone are no longer functional and there seems to be no way to get support or help on this issue beyond a vague suggestion that I buy a new device.

Can anyone help?

Blackberry 9800
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: error starting _ verify error. how can I fix

Hey Yasmin_83,

I would suggest doing a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320, please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry® smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: error starting _ verify error. how can I fix

I don't understand why you cannot go to OS 7.1?

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.