Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
philpedersen
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: att

facebook help

Hello, How do i stop from getting notifcations on my blackberry from facebook on it i get alot of them on facebook but i dont want them on my blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: facebook help

The BlackBerry facebook app is doing nothing but reading your facebook page and pushing the information to your phone.  Whatever you've allowed to be posted on your page will also appear on your phone.  You can't accept something on your page and not allow it on your phone.

If you don't like what's being pushed to your phone, go to your facebook page from a PC and adjust your settings to prevent whatever it is you don't want to see on your phone.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
philpedersen
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: att

Thanks for the reply back but can you tell me what settings i need to go to on facebook ti shut it off fon my phone??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Know what?  I've looked all over and I don't know where to find it.  :smileysad:

Seems to me it used to be easier to disable such notifications on your facebook page but now it appears to be harder to do so.

Sorry I haven't completely resolved your issue.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

philpedersen wrote:

Hello, How do i stop from getting notifcations on my blackberry from facebook on it i get alot of them on facebook but i dont want them on my blackberry.

Hi philpedersen,

You can turn it of by going to FB app on your BlackBerry. 

Here's how:

Open Facebook app and go to Options. Scroll down until you see Facebook notifications. Uncheck Facebook notification check box.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.