Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: tatadocomo

facing problem in updating 9810

i have 9810 model 7.0 version with network provider gsm tata docomo and i have download latest verion of blackberry desktop software and trying to update my device from 7.0 to 7.1 but it is showing no updates found. kindly help me for updating it.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: June - 2012

Re: facing problem in updating 9810

I also try this but not getting updation. I think so there is some technical error over the site which might be sort out early.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: facing problem in updating 9810

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Availability of Updates depends on a few factors , OS packs are released by Our Carrier or Service Provider and they are responsible for pushing those update notification , Also you need an active BIS plan from your Carrier to get this Update Notification . But .. If you hold an active BIS on your SIM account then you can try those simple steps to Update your device software :

1.Locate your Carrier Or Download an OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

•       (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•        Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

•  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •   C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.